KLEIN BAND ASSOCIATION
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Board Meeting – March 7, 2017
President Debra Solberg called the meeting to order at 7:07pm.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Debra Solberg, Eric & Kristen Moquin, Wendy Wells, Jill Henze, Jeanette Cook, Lorraine Haywood, Ann Partridge, Wendy Porter, Deb Betts, Martha Hahn, Kevin Wade, David Gresens
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: Debra Solberg
- Approval of February minutes: Kristen moved to approve the December minutes and Lorraine seconded. Motion passed.
- Eagle Scout Presentation: Zach Moquin
- Planning to restore the FFA Smoker for his Eagle Scout Project
- Budget will be around $700 – very preliminary; number could change. There is money in the Pit Pop budget for these repairs that were going to be done anyway.
- Jill moved that we allow up to $700 to be spent for Zach’s Eagle Project. Ann seconded. Motion passed.
- Last Year’s Eagle Project: Mitchell Wells presented a plan for his Eagle Project, which was approved last April – a cabinet for the percussion stands. The project was delayed and he has resumed work on it. He will come again to the next meeting to present his project again.
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT: Kristen Moquin
· Slate of officers for 2017-2018
- Biggest urgency we need to fill is someone for football programs. Discussion followed about possible people to contact
TREASURER’S REPORT: Jill Henze
· Balances: Checking - $88,584.60 PayPal - $1,100.00, CD - $21,000 (approximate)
· CDs are coming up for renewal. Kristen moved that we keep them as is – Jill seconded.
· Our Lowes tax exempt status has been verified.
· Colorguard will be doing a Fuddruckers fundraiser in April and May
· Budget items were discussed.
DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Mr. Gresens
· Date for Chaperone/Trip Meeting – set for April 18th at 7:00pm. Will be combined with board meeting to vote in the new 2017-2018 board.
· Colorguard has moved up to the big class in competition. They received 3rd place at the latest competition. Next show is this Saturday at KFHS.
· Budget – we need to be careful not to NOT spend our surpluses. He would like to move some money to cover some miscellaneous percussion purchases needed for the band. Jill moved that we use the remainder of the percussion budget and then move the remainder from the miscellaneous budget line. Kristen seconded.
- Activities: Banquet – May 12th.
- Still in need of a photo booth. We have a DJ. Food provided by Italian Café. Catering will be $9 per person (includes 4 servers – so we will need volunteers to help serving).
· Publicity: Baby pictures for banquet
- Need to get in contact with Somer Padilla.
- Trip Coordinators: Kristen & Eric Moquin
- We have 20 volunteers and a couple of back-ups
- We have lifeguards arranged – same as last year
- Mr. Gresens and Kristen will work on finalizing the schedule.
Jeanette moved to adjourn the meeting, Jill seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 8:17pm.
Next board meeting will be on Tuesday, April 18th at 7:00pm in the band hall.